Dog breeds are always being compared based on size, athleticism, intelligence, or temperament, and while they are good traits to note, they are not terribly exciting. We want to kick canine comparisons up a notch and ask the questions nobody thought to ask, but that we all secretly want to know.
This week’s question is “which dog breed would make a better partner in tennis doubles?” And your choices are: Border Collie and Golden Retriever.
1) They are a very acrobatic breed.
2) They are great at learning commands
3) They have a great backhand (or backpaw?)
1) Not always a great team player.
2) Can be a bit of a show off.
3) Easily distracted by sheep.
1) Readily follows commands
2)Always gets to the ball.
3) Solid presence at the net.
1) Not always the most situationally aware.
2) Not a fierce competitor.
3) May not give ball back.
Now that you have all the necessary information, who would you rather have as a tennis doubles partner: a Border Collie or a Golden Retriever?