Did you know that cats live longer because of improved medical care and diet? Due to remarkable advancement in the world of cats, their geriatric age has been redefined to 11 years. The negative effects of ageing can be dialed down with the help of good nutrition. By taking care their health, you can prevent and manage several health conditions that are common at that age. Understanding the complexities of specialized nutrition for older cats can be cumbersome and difficult. To make your life easier and to ensure your feline friends get all their nutrients, here is a list of the five best foods.
- Wellness Complete Health Senior Cat Food
The best line of products for your older feline friends is the Wellness Complete Health Senior Health Deboned Chicken & Chicken Meal Recipe. It is filled with lean protein to aid the muscle mass of cats. When compared to the adult formula, the senior cat food has eight percent lesser calories. Chondroitin, fat, fiber, and glucosamine supplement the recipe, for a balanced diet and ageing joint protection.
- From Mature Gold Cat Food If you want to meet the dietary requirements of your cats without compromising on flavor and quality, go for Mature Gold Cat Food. It is specifically designed to meet the calorific needs of senior cats, helping them maintain weight. To ensure your cats get high-quality protein, chicken, ducks, and eggs are added to the formula. Potatoes, white rice, and pearled barley are included for digestible carbohydrates. Minerals, probiotics, and vitamins supplement the formula, for optimal nutrition.
- Nutro Indoor Senior Cat Food Nutro has a small selection formulas that are made specifically for older cats. Chicken/White Fish & Brown Rice are two types of dry food available. Chicken maintains the lean muscle mass of cats while brown rice helps in digestion. Whitefish reduces hairballs, improves digestion, maintains weight and boosts energy. Soft Loaf Cod/Chicken Recipe are two types of wet food that are easy to chew and swallow. They have low carbohydrates and high protein to meet the dietary requirements of your feline friends.
- Blue Buffalo Healthy Ageing Cat Food Blue Buffalo has eight products to meet the nutritional needs of your older cats. They contain brown rice, chicken, and turkey are some of the main ingredients in their food products. They don’t have any artificial additives or soy, wheat, and corn. Blue Buffalo also has food that helps cats with various medical problems such as gastrointestinal support, food tolerances, weight management, and urinary care.
- NutriSource Senior/Weight Management Cat Food Their dry formula food for cats is completely made of natural ingredients for optimal nutrition in cats. The first ingredient for the recipe is the chicken meal, a source of high animal protein. Dried eggs and fish meal are added as supplements. Digestible carbohydrates such as barley, oatmeal, and brown rice are present in the formula. Essential fatty acids like sunflower oil and chicken fat are also included. To make it easier for your cats to absorb and digest food, the protein molecules are chemically bonded with chelated minerals.
The quality of diet for your feline friends determines the longevity of their lives. To ensure all the dietary requirements of your cats are met, add either of the five products to your shopping list.